[Scribus] 1.3.5svn for Ubuntu update?

Timothy Boyden tboyden
Tue Mar 18 15:41:25 CET 2008

Scribus 1.3.5 SVN is not a packaged Ubuntu bundle. It's source code from
the Scribus SVN code repositories that needs to be compiled to build the
latest development version of Scribus. It can be compiled by any UNIX
based system, providing that system has the required system
dependencies.

I have instructions posted at http://boyden.us/scribus.html (linked to
from the Scribus Wiki) that describes the process for Ubuntu 7.10
"Gutsy" based systems.

Scribus 1.3.5 SVN is not advisable for production use (though I have not
had any issues with it, YMMV).

-Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: scribus-bounces at kirsche.altmuehlnet.de
[mailto:scribus-bounces at kirsche.altmuehlnet.de] On Behalf Of D. R. Evans
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2008 10:20 AM
To: scribus at kirsche.altmuehlnet.de
Subject: Re: [Scribus] 1.3.5svn for Ubuntu update?

Martin Tlustos said the following at 03/18/2008 05:13 AM :
> Well, I had the snapshot from February 28th from the scribus ubuntu
> repositories, so someone seems to build a svn version for ubuntu from
> time to time (I had one update so far).

How did you get that? I update my Kubuntu gutsy system religiously, I
have the ubuntu "scribus-ng" package installed, and it reports that I am
running:

Scribus 1.3.4
Build ID: C-C-T-F-A-64bit
Using Ghostscript version 8.61

How did you get something more recent than that?

  Doc

PS The ordinary Ubuntu scribus package (not the "ng" package) is at
1.3.3; I don't have that installed.