[Scribus] 1.3.5svn for Ubuntu update?

Benjamin Dumke scribus
Mon Mar 17 11:51:36 CET 2008

Martin Tlustos schrieb:
> had no new svn version since then (and I don't know how to build svn's
> myself, so have to rely on the ones in the repository).

You might want to try building it yourself, it's not as hard as it
sounds. This page:
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Building_SVN_versions_with_CMake
is a good start, but don't let it scare you off; in the best case, you
don't have to worry about most of what's there (though it is worth a
read), and it just boils down to

mkdir scribussvn
mkdir scribusbuild
cd scribussvn
svn co svn://scribus.info/Scribus/trunk/Scribus
cd ../scribusbuild
cmake ../scribussvn -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/opt/scribus135
make
su -c "make install"

possibly changing /opt/scribus135 to wherever you want to install it.