[scribus] 1.3.3.12 no odt support???

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Mon Jun 30 18:16:43 CEST 2008

On Sunday 29 June 2008 10:22:29 pm Craig Ringer wrote:
> John Culleton wrote:
> > The instructions for cmake describe a more complex and for me at
> > least confusing process than the traditional process. I recognize
> > that the developers see virtues in cmake. But perhaps after
> > development is completed the install process could be boiled down
> > to the usual method for us busy folks that keep many Open Source
> > products on our systems.
>
> Unfortunately it can't be.
>
> The two big virtues of Autotools are:
>
> - They're familiar to users
> - The final build scripts for released versions are just shell
> scripts. They run without needing extra programs to be installed
> and work on most systems with a shell, make, and some other core
> unix utilities.
(snip)

> If there are features in the old autotools build system that you
> think are missing in Scribus's new cmake build infrastructure,
> please explain what you think is missing and how it should be
> improved. I'm sure the feedback would be appreciated.
>
> --
> Craig Ringer

I have nothing to add to the functionality of cmake.  All I want to do
is run Scribus. For my use ./configure worked equally well, when it
worked at all. Since traditional ./configure no longer works with
Scribus perhaps the INSTALL instruction needs amending and/or the
recently posted script that in effect calls cmake instead should be
included.

Anyhow after much conversation I am up and running with 1.3.3.12 for
which I am grateful.

I still have a question about the
/path/whereyouwant/scribus
value. Is that the directory where the executable binary will reside,
such as /usr/local/bin in my case? Or is that something else?

Thanks for your patience.
--
John Culleton