[scribus] Testsuite

Hirwen HARENDAL harendalh at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 29 18:09:14 CEST 2008

> From: markus at sismografo.es> > When I read the posting by Femke Snelting, the idea came to my mind that it > would be a nice idea to have some sort of performance test suite for scribus.> > We used to publish a cultural magazine (el Sismógrafo) using InDesign for > layout. I sometimes re-layouted part of the magazine with Scribus just to see> how it worked performance-wise.> > Years ago I wrote a document meant for uncovering the weak points of > laser-printers and copiers. (Irregularities in rasters with different toners, > clouds, registration, dirt, wire strips, color variation on different parts > of a sheet, color variation throughout print jobs, quality of degradations, > etc.)> > So, the idea is to have a set of documents each of which focusses on a > different aspect: heavy image load, lots of text frames with different > styles, heavy font usage, etc.> > This is not meant to substitute bug reports and other means to improve quality > of software, but may introduce a ceteris paribus into the testing which would > make it easier to keep track of performance improvements.> > any comments?
** I think that it is an idea to develop...
There is something like one month ago, we discuted with my friend kevin about
to create a templates suite, in order to test fonts and printing issues, but
also useful by the users to conceive their project and verify the rendering.
(fonts sizes, colors, contrast, photos, etc...)
The idea is to make pre-built files (very honesly, not only for scribus),
not so far you wish.

Hirwen
Faites vous de nouveaux amis grâce à l'annuaire des profils Messenger !
http://home.services.spaces.live.com/search/?page=searchresults&ss=true&FormId=AdvPeopleSearch&form=SPXFRM&tp=3&sc=2&pg=0&Search.DisplayName=Nom+public&search.gender=&search.age=&Search.FirstName=Pr%C3%A9nom&Search.LastName=Nom&search.location=Lieu&search.occupation=Profession&search.interests=amis&submit=Rechercher