[scribus] 1.3.3.12 no odt support???

Craig Bradney cbradney at scribus.info
Fri Jun 27 11:03:21 CEST 2008

> >> and then there is
> >>
> >> /usr/local/share/scribus
> >>
> >> Anything wrong with that? It's 1.3.3.11 now.
> >>
> >> I tried cmake yesterday, and my first impression was "much faster",
then
> >> I saw that there are different colors for the compiler output :-)
> >>
> >> After compiling I found the binary in the compile directory (due to "."

> >> I guess). Anyway, it worked a bit afterwards, but that Scribus had no
> >> icons and didn't know about any text reading plugins.
> >>
> >> Any suggestions what exactly I should do to make the new 1.3.3.12
> >> running flawlessly?
> >>

> > Specify a prefix to install to, and run make install after make.

> Ok, that's clear to me - but which prefix should I specify if there are
> 3 different places Scribus is installed to?
>
> If I specify e. g. "/usr/local/scribus1.3.3.12", will I find all files
> needed for 1.3.3.12 here, or are they spread to other locations, too?
>
> I want to make sure I can come back to 1.3.3.11 if installation fails...

All files should beput under the prefix
So then you would have:
/usr/local/scribus1.3.3.12/bin/scribus.. etc
/usr/local/scribus1.3.3.12/share/scribus.. etc

There may be one or two "unimportant" exceptions like man help files.(I
forget there, right now)

Still.. for testing, I would still put it in /opt or under your home
directory.

Craig