[scribus] 1.3.3.12 no odt support???

Craig Bradney cbradney at zip.com.au
Thu Jun 26 20:56:06 CEST 2008

d the problem, and it is an omission with some
> answers I have received today.  I am trying to do the simple thing
> and compile in the download directory. A model cmake line in the wiki
> says:
> /path/to/cmake .
> -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/path/to/install/to/scribuscmake/ but today at
> least two listmates have suggested:
> /path/to/cmake
> -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/path/to/install/to/scribuscmake/ Can you spot
> the difference? It is a missing period.
>
> I am testing it now with an explicit path.  From the
> directory /usr/local/scribus-1.3.3.12 I am running:
> cmake . -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/usr/local/scribus-1.3.3.12
> if that works I will try the simpler
> cmake . -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=.
> Well it seems to work now.  No errors on startup! Two things to note:
> 1 Don't forget the first period in cmake!
> 2. If you have an existing  scribus in /usr/local/bin you have to
> rename it (or  overlay it)  and copy the latest scribus from ~your
> work directory/bin to /usr/local/bin. In my case it is in
> /usr/local/scribus-1.3.3.12/bin
>
> These points would be useful to put in the INSTALL file.  I'm still
> going to try to automate the process with a script. Stay tuned!

Point 1 is kind of true, especially tru if you are doing an in source build.
We recommend out of source builds as its cleaner, especially for those
running svn versions.

so.. cmake <options> <source path> is what I normally use
i have something like
svn
-source , ie -Scribus
and -builddir
the cd builddir
cmake <options> ../Scribus
where ../Scribus is instead of your .

You should not really:
- install into /usr/local/bin.. not for a clean system.. why not just make
install into /home/john/installs/scribus13312 for example? You can equally
install into /home/john/installs/scribus13311 and have both installed and
runnable, along with /home/john/installs/scribus135
- copy files to install.. run make install and use the prefix you have set
with configure or cmake.

No wonder you are having issues if you are installing into /usr/local/bin and
there are preexisting installs! Time to clean up your system a little..

Craig