[scribus] 1.3.3.12 no odt support???

Tornóci László torlasz at net.sote.hu
Thu Jun 26 18:40:41 CEST 2008

John Culleton wrote:
> Apparently there is some magic in specifying the path for cmake.  I
> tried the current directory (dot) and at the end of the process
> Scribus failed spectacularly.   I am willing to learn, but I need
> some more guidance. What addy can/should go on the end of the cmake
> command?   That is the only variable that I can see. And I don't much
> care whereinhell it goes, so long as it runs afterwards.  If there is
> a location that works please share it.
>
> I run slackware 12, which is about as plain vanilla as you can get.

You may use any install prefix you like, it won't change anything. I
guess you have some missing dependencies, which may not be easy to get
under Slackware. That's exactly the reason why I switched from Slackware
to RedHat more than 10 years ago. I think Slack got some sort of package
management in the meantime, but I would suggest you change to a well
supported distro with package management like Fedora, Debian or Ubuntu.
I know it is a big hassle to change to a new distro, but believe me, it
is worth on the long run. I had no trouble on a Fedora Core 7 system to
follow what is described here:
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Building_SVN_versions_with_CMake

I used Slackware _a lot_, and was very happy with it, but I never
regretted the switch to RH. It is a lot easier for me to test new
programs with RH.

					Yours: Laszlo