[scribus] 1.3.3.12 no odt support???

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Thu Jun 26 17:48:27 CEST 2008

On Thursday 26 June 2008 10:58:35 am John Culleton wrote:
> On Thursday 26 June 2008 10:05:51 am Plinnell wrote:

Well, here is the latest report on 1.3.3.12 after using cmake as
described above.

The number of missing items is down a little. I moved the executable
to /usr/local/bin and executed:
/usr/local/bin/scribus
Cannot find
plugin: /usr/local/lib/scribus/plugins//libsvgimplugin.so.0.0.0:
undefined symbol:
_ZN8ScPlugin19newPrefsPanelWidgetEP7QWidgetRP10PrefsPanelR7QStringR7QPixmap
Cannot find
plugin: /usr/local/lib/scribus/plugins//libsvgexplugin.so.0.0.0:
undefined symbol:
_ZN8ScPlugin19newPrefsPanelWidgetEP7QWidgetRP10PrefsPanelR7QStringR7QPixmap
Cannot find
plugin: /usr/local/lib/scribus/plugins//libscriptplugin.so.0.0.0:
undefined symbol: _ZTI10PrefsPanel
Cannot find
plugin: /usr/local/lib/scribus/plugins//libscribusshortwords.so.0.0.0:
undefined symbol: _ZN14ScActionPlugin3runEP9QIODevice
Cannot find
plugin: /usr/local/lib/scribus/plugins//libscribusexportpixmap.so.0.0.0:
undefined symbol:
_ZN8ScPlugin19newPrefsPanelWidgetEP7QWidgetRP10PrefsPanelR7QStringR7QPixmap
Cannot find
plugin: /usr/local/lib/scribus/plugins//libscribus13format.so.0.0.0:
undefined symbol: ScCore
Cannot find
plugin: /usr/local/lib/scribus/plugins//libscribus134format.so.0.0.0:
undefined symbol: ScCore
Cannot find
plugin: /usr/local/lib/scribus/plugins//libscribus12format.so.0.0.0:
undefined symbol: ScCore
Cannot find
plugin: /usr/local/lib/scribus/plugins//libsaveastemplateplugin.so.0.0.0:
undefined symbol:
_ZN8ScPlugin19newPrefsPanelWidgetEP7QWidgetRP10PrefsPanelR7QStringR7QPixmap
Cannot find
plugin: /usr/local/lib/scribus/plugins//liboodrawimp.so.0.0.0:
undefined symbol:
_ZN8ScPlugin19newPrefsPanelWidgetEP7QWidgetRP10PrefsPanelR7QStringR7QPixmap
Cannot find
plugin: /usr/local/lib/scribus/plugins//liboldscribusformat.so.0.0.0:
undefined symbol:
_ZN8ScPlugin19newPrefsPanelWidgetEP7QWidgetRP10PrefsPanelR7QStringR7QPixmap
Cannot find
plugin: /usr/local/lib/scribus/plugins//libnewfromtemplateplugin.so.0.0.0:
undefined symbol:
_ZN8ScPlugin19newPrefsPanelWidgetEP7QWidgetRP10PrefsPanelR7QStringR7QPixmap
Cannot find
plugin: /usr/local/lib/scribus/plugins//libimportps.so.0.0.0:
undefined symbol:
_ZN8ScPlugin19newPrefsPanelWidgetEP7QWidgetRP10PrefsPanelR7QStringR7QPixmap
Cannot find
plugin: /usr/local/lib/scribus/plugins//libfontpreview.so.0.0.0:
undefined symbol:
_ZN8ScPlugin19newPrefsPanelWidgetEP7QWidgetRP10PrefsPanelR7QStringR7QPixmap
Cannot find
plugin: /usr/local/lib/scribus/plugins//libcolorwheel.so.0.0.0:
undefined symbol:
_ZN8ScPlugin19newPrefsPanelWidgetEP7QWidgetRP10PrefsPanelR7QStringR7QPixmap
Cannot find
plugin: /usr/local/lib/scribus/plugins//libbarcodegenerator.so.0.0.0:
undefined symbol:
_ZN8ScPlugin19newPrefsPanelWidgetEP7QWidgetRP10PrefsPanelR7QStringR7QPixmap

So I dug into the 1.3.312 directory and moved some subdirectories
to /usr/share and /usr/local/lib. Ran ldconfig.
Ran /usr/local/bin/scribus
Got approximately the same list of missing stuff.

Ran scribus directly from the bin directory found in my 1.3.3.12
directory. Now it can't find icons.

OTOH I run scribus 1.3.3.11 and I get only three missing item
messages, probably explainable by having more than one version on my
system:

              Cannot find
plugin: /usr/local/lib/scribus/plugins//libscribus13format.so.0.0.0:
undefined symbol: ScCore
Cannot find
plugin: /usr/local/lib/scribus/plugins//libscribus134format.so.0.0.0:
undefined symbol: ScCore
Cannot find
plugin: /usr/local/lib/scribus/plugins//libscribus12format.so.0.0.0:
undefined symbol: ScCore

You guys are playing with me, right?

What do you use for a prefix path for cmake? That is the only variable
in play.

--
John Culleton