[scribus] Trouble downloading Scribus

sabutin sabutin at mindspring.com
Thu Jun 26 17:09:55 CEST 2008

Hello all...

I have been trying to download Scribus v1.3.3.12 for MacOS X for a
couple of days. No luck so far. I go to
<http://www.scribus.net/?q=node/143>, click on the <MacOS X, OS/2>
link, then I am sent to <http://www.scribus.net/?q=aquahowto> where I
am told that I need to download "Ghostscript 8.54 or later."
That download is successful and I have installed  it.

Lower on the page I am told "The binary is downloadable from
SourceForge. For instance, 1.3.3.11 release is available for download
from Sourceforge." The only link offered goes to
<http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?groupname=scribus&filename=ScribusAqua-1.3.3.11.tgz&use_mirror=internap>,
where at the top of the page I am told "You are downloading
Scribus..." Which I am not.

There is a link on the above page that says "Click here to download
Scribus manually"  which leads to
<http://master.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/scribus/ScribusAqua-1.3.3.11.tgz>.
And a message that says  "Not Found
The requested URL /sourceforge/scribus/ScribusAqua-1.3.3.11.tgz was
not found on this server."

I have tried
<http://master.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/scribus/ScribusAqua-1.3.3.12.tgz>
as well.

However,
<http://master.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/scribus/ScribusAqua-1.3.3.10.tgz>
seems to be working. It is downloading as I write this.

Is there any problem with using Scribus v.1.3.3.10 on a Mac running
OS X v.10.5.3? The latest Leopard update?

Or...how can I find Scribus v.1.3.3.12?

Thanks...

S.