[scribus] mixing rgb and cmyk

Tino Schwarze scribus.lists at tisc.de
Wed Jun 25 10:34:42 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 05:56:32PM -0400, Andrew A. Gill wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Jun 2008, Martin Tlustos wrote:
>
> > Thank you for your advice. So, if I would want to convert an image to cmyk,
> > what would I use - Cinepaint, Krita, Gimp?
>
> GIMP does not support CMYK.  I don't think that Cinepaint does,
> either.

Cinepaint 0.23 has very decent color management support (using the
Oyranos CMS). Kai-Uwe Behrmann has put a lot of effort into it. I didn't
look very deep yet, but it loaded CMYK TIFFs just fine and I was able to
use the "Window Info..." dialog to look at the CMYK values.

Tino.

www.craniosacralzentrum.de
www.forteego.de