[scribus] mixing rgb and cmyk

Andrew A. Gill superluser at frontiernet.net
Tue Jun 24 23:56:32 CEST 2008

On Tue, 24 Jun 2008, Martin Tlustos wrote:

> Thank you for your advice. So, if I would want to convert an image to cmyk,
> what would I use - Cinepaint, Krita, Gimp?

GIMP does not support CMYK.  I don't think that Cinepaint does,
either.  Krita does, but I've had bad experiences with stability
from Krita.  Stability is not the same as accuracy, and for all I
know, Krita may be very accurate with its conversion.  Still, I
would recommend a dedicated RGB->CMYK program, much like what
Tino Schwarze suggested.

--
| Andrew A. Gill     To ensure continued quality of service,   |
|                    this e-mail is being monitored by the NSA |