[scribus] getting started

Philip Rand p.rand at alice.it
Tue Jun 24 20:33:37 CEST 2008

Many thanks for your reply.
I downloaded Scribus clicking on the site you reccomended.
It downloaded very quickly into Mac's download program but there was
no screen with icons.
So I tried double-clicking on the Mac download-program icon and got a
screen that looks very much like a dos file but with lots of gibberish.
No trace of an application icon on the desktop.
This computer is a Mac iBookPro with 4 GB RAM, intel processor, as
previously mentioned.
The previously downloaded versons of Scribus I dragged into the trash
can, hoping that that is a sufficient means of disposing of the old
programs.
Thanks for the patience,