[scribus] 1.3.5svn

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue Jun 24 03:56:20 CEST 2008

John Culleton wrote:
> When 1.3.5 is updated to work with Qt4 will it no longer work with
> Qt3? Slackware tends to be a bit slow with such updates.

Qt3 and Qt4 are not compatible, so a program that uses Qt4 cannot work
with Qt3.

You can build your own Qt4 for Slackware, though. As a slackware user
you're probably pretty used to building your own more up to date
versions of required libraries and programs, so I don't imagine this
will be a big deal. Qt4 is not difficult to compile and install. You
might even want to give it a try now so you're confident that it'll all
work.

--
Craig Ringer