[scribus] Announce: Scribus 1.3.3.12 Release

Tino Schwarze scribus.lists at tisc.de
Mon Jun 23 16:55:03 CEST 2008

Hi Greg,

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 10:43:38AM -0400, gpittman at iglou.com wrote:
> On Sun, June 22, 2008 19:05, Plinnell wrote:
> > The Scribus Team is pleased to announce the release of Scribus 1.3.3.12
> >
> > Fedora 8,9 RPMS:
> > http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/mrdocs/Fedora_8/
> > http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/mrdocs/Fedora_9/
> >
> For curiosity's sake I downloaded the Fedora 9 ...src.rpm, then did
> 'rpm -ivh ......rpm'
> Where does this get installed to? This is just the source, right?

On SuSE, it goes to /usr/src/packages, I'm not sure about Fedora, maybe
/usr/src/redhat or similar.

Yes, it is just the source, there should be directories SPECS, SOURCES
and BUILD just below the above mentioned path. You need to do an
rpmbuild -bb SPECS/scribus.spec
to build the binary rpm. IIRC, rpmbuild --rebuild your.src.rpm should
work as well. Look at the output, it'll say where the binary RPM was
stored.

HTH,

Tino.

www.craniosacralzentrum.de