[scribus] .pdf

dlwiggers dlwiggers at aeis.tv
Mon Jun 23 12:00:56 CEST 2008

I have two files, identical.  One saved by Gimp as a .tif.  One saved in
Gimp as .jpg.  Otherwise, the same file.

This page was initially scanned at 600dpi in color (.tif) and converted
to B&W in Scan-to-CAD.  Somehow in my weekend frustration, it is no
longer 600dpi, but it matters not.  It still crashes Scribus
1.3.something on a win2k machine and Scribus 1.3.4 on a Vista box.  I
have not tried one of my Linux boxes, but I will when I get to work.

Is there a volunteer to allow me to append both files to an email and
tell me why it's happening?

I can live with .jpg images, but all of the progs recommend .tif.

Since my trs-80, I have been wandering in this forest of knowledge,
never quite knowing what I'm doing.  It's very satisfying when things go

TIA for the help.

Lee