[scribus] No real CMYK black possible??

Andrew A. Gill superluser at frontiernet.net
Mon Jun 23 13:02:10 CEST 2008

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008, Tino Schwarze wrote:

>> 3.) I tried printing separations, and I got interesting results.
>
> It looks like ghostscripts eats some colors.

That would not be my conclusion.  My primary conclusion would be
user error.

I cannot account for why the stroke on a box would be one color
while the fill is another.  The only explanation I can give to
that is that you changed the stroke color, but not the fill.

This is unlikely to be a PostScript error, and neither is it
likely to be an error in Ghostscript.  Indeed, when I look at the
SLA file, I see:

The square labelled ``Black CMYK'' is Black fill, Black stroke
The square labelled ``Black RGB'' is Black fill, Black RGB stroke
The square labelled ``Rich Black CMYK'' is Black fill, Rich Black
(spot) stroke
The square labelled ``Total Black CMYK'' is Black fill, Total
Black stroke

In addition, Rich Black is identified as registration for some
reason.  When I turn it off, the stroke appears on all
separations.

That seems like the opposite behavior of what I would expect.

But unless Scribus uses Ghostscript to output to PS, it's either
user error or a problem with Scribus.

--
| Andrew A. Gill     To ensure continued quality of service,   |
|                    this e-mail is being monitored by the NSA |