[scribus] EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Mon Jun 9 07:42:28 CEST 2008

dlwiggers at aeis.tv wrote:
> Hi list
>
> My problem is deeper.  I am on a win2k box now and cannot .pdf a 17x11
> 3 page print.
>
> EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION is the error.

That error means that Scribus, or a component used by Scribus, tried to
read or modify memory it has not allocated or tried to execute memory
that contains only data.

Unfortunately without a backtrace from a debugger (something that's
rather hard to get on Windows, a little tricky for most users on Linux,
and trivial on Mac OS X) it's not really possible to tell what caused it.

It might be worth filing a bug with the .sla file and all associated
fonts and images. You can make it private if you want to prevent
fonts/image/text from being visible to the world. There is a size limit,
though, so you might find you're not able to upload it if it's more than
a few megabytes.

Failing that, do check on Linux and see how you go.

--
Craig Ringer