[scribus] Highlighting elements of imported bitmap

Pim Reinders willemreinders at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 13:51:32 CEST 2008

You could use the Gimp to do the job (Rmouse - Edit Image):
 - Layers dialog - add alpha channel
 - rectangle select tool: select the rectangle you want to back-color
 - (Flters) - Colors - Color to Alpha  (this changes a chosen color
component to transparent)
 - pick your background color with the color picker (eye dropper tool) - Ok
 - Layers dialog: add new layer (change it to the color of your preference
with the Bucket fill tool)
 - move the layer down with the arrow icon in the Layers dialog
 et voila: the colored layer has 'replaced' the background color of the
field you want to highlight. You can repeat the (rect.select - Color to
Alpha- pick color)  for each of the fields you want to highlight.

Pim