[scribus] Highlighting elements of imported bitmap
willemreinders at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 13:51:32 CEST 2008
You could use the Gimp to do the job (Rmouse - Edit Image):
- Layers dialog - add alpha channel
- rectangle select tool: select the rectangle you want to back-color
- (Flters) - Colors - Color to Alpha (this changes a chosen color
component to transparent)
- pick your background color with the color picker (eye dropper tool) - Ok
- Layers dialog: add new layer (change it to the color of your preference
with the Bucket fill tool)
- move the layer down with the arrow icon in the Layers dialog
et voila: the colored layer has 'replaced' the background color of the
field you want to highlight. You can repeat the (rect.select - Color to
Alpha- pick color) for each of the fields you want to highlight.
On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 12:43 PM, Peter Nermander <peter at nermander.se> wrote:
> > Thanks. I've tried that now, and it looks great in the properties
> > dialogue, but doesn't come out on screen. Is this a known issue in
> > 18.104.22.168-1 or am I just doing something wrong ?
> Not sure if this is your problem, but could be.
> A coloured background only works for objects that have a "transparent"
> An imported bitmap most likely does not have a transparent background, but
> probably a white background. Putting a coloured box behind "a white paper
> with text on" doesn work goood, what you need is "a transparency with text
> scribus mailing list
> scribus at lists.scribus.net
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the scribus