[scribus] Highlighting elements of imported bitmap

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Mon Jun 2 12:43:45 CEST 2008

> Thanks. I've tried that now, and it looks great in the properties
> dialogue, but doesn't come out on screen.  Is this a known issue in
> 1.3.3.11-1 or am I just doing something wrong ?

Not sure if this is your problem, but could be.

A coloured background only works for objects that have a "transparent"
background.

An imported bitmap most likely does not have a transparent background, but
probably a white background. Putting a coloured box behind "a white paper
with text on" doesn work goood, what you need is "a transparency with text
on".

/Peter