[scribus] Making a booklet with Scribus

Murray Strome wmstrome at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 31 17:25:58 CEST 2008

This has probably been answered many times before, but I am very new to Scribus, and have never used other publishing tools (e.g. MS Publisher).

I am told by Publisher users that it is very easy to create a multi-page booklet of the form with pages half the size of letter paper (8.5X11 in), with text flowing smoothly from one "page" to the next, presumably adding pages as you go. The result is a document which, when printed double-sided will result in pages that you just fold in the middle and staple or stitch.

I could not see how to do this in Scribus (in Publisher, someone showed me that there is an option to select "booklet" as the type of document).  I tried looking through the documentation and the Archives, but could not find anything that appeared appropriate.

I have found GREAT instructions to create a booklet from a PDF file for a document that is 8.5X11 Portrait (under LINUX), which works very well for me but I am not sure that it would be suitable for an office secretary using MS Windows:
http://twopoint718.blogspot.com/2008/05/make-book.html

I tried following the Tutorial, but found it rather complicated and did not really address this issue, as far as I could tell.