[scribus] Tutorial

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sun Jul 27 21:12:15 CEST 2008

Joop wrote:
> Gregory Pittman schreef:
>> Joop wrote:

>>> John,
>>>
>>> You, and also Gregory Pittman, I want to thank for providing me with
>>> information about this subject and your terminology lessons.
>>>
>>> I thought that crop marks were something so essential in many
>>> printing jobs, that this would already be standard in Scribus. I am
>>> amazed that this should be a feature for a far away version.
>> Actually, bleed and print marks are built into 1.3.5svn, in the PDF
>> Export dialog. It works a bit differently, but actually is more
>> flexible.
>>
>> Greg
>
> Greg,
>
> I don't have 1.3.5svn but 1.3.3.12. So I look forward to see bleed and
> crop in a coming normal version. But I cannot imagine how it is
> possible to have an image that runs of an A4 page, cutting marks on a
> pdf, when the pdf makes the paper size a little bigger than A4.
Scribus will let you do all sorts of things that don't necessarily make
"sense." It may warn you when the Preflight Verifier runs, but it can
let you do these things.
I think it's actually sensible to let you do your work on the final cut
size, than apply bleed later, thus giving you optimal control over where
trimming happens.

Greg