[Scribus] Scribus useability

John Beardmore John
Thu Jan 31 08:57:07 CET 2008

S B wrote:

> In every case, when I learned a new program, from Wordperfect to Word to
> CorelDraw to Publisher to InDesign to Scribus, and from Lotus to Excel,
> Excel to Filemaker, I have had to learn a new interface, new commands,
> new ways of doing things.  I think all of us would like to have an end
> to  constant name changes for commands, places on the toolbars, and
> different ways of doing things.

Not necessarily.  I'd hate to be running Scribus through the Wordperfect
interface.

>  That's never happened, and it's
> unlikely to happen in the future.

And it would kill the evolution of user interfaces stone dead if it ever
did.

Apart from which, in some parts of the commercial world, intellectual
property issues may be preventing some UI platforms sharing 'look and feel'.

Cheers, J/.
Carbon Trust Consultant: Energy Audit, Carbon Footprint, Design Advice
Energy Efficiency Accreditation Scheme Registered Assessor
P:0845 4561332  F:0870 0522417  M:07785 563116  Skype:t4sustainability