[Scribus] Scribus useability

S B sbinsandiego
Thu Jan 31 03:10:23 CET 2008

In every case, when I learned a new program, from Wordperfect to Word to
CorelDraw to Publisher to InDesign to Scribus, and from Lotus to Excel,
Excel to Filemaker, I have had to learn a new interface, new commands, new
ways of doing things.  I think all of us would like to have an end to
constant name changes for commands, places on the toolbars, and different
ways of doing things.  That's never happened, and it's unlikely to happen in
the future.
I found Scribus intuitive, easy to learn and use, and fun to work with. It
took me less than a day to learn the program well enough to do what I do,
and each new thing I do adds to my knowledge and skill with it.   I publish
numerous short documents with it now, and my daughter learned it in an
afternoon (not all its capabilities, of course), and then put together a
presentation book for her husband's flooring business.  I think Scribus is
an outstanding program, with many rich and useful features.
Thanks to all the engineers, programmers, and designers who have worked on
Scribus!
I love it.