[Scribus] Scribus-1.3.3.11 on Debian-amd64 segfaults when saving file

andreas.speck at tiscali.co.uk andreas.speck
Wed Jan 30 11:41:09 CET 2008

Hi all,
  some additional information:

repositories
>installed, but that started to segfault (crash due to signal-11)
when
>trying to save a file.
>
>We tried to build 1.3.3.11 from the source package (and fixed the
>issue that it tries to put files in /usr/lib64 which would belong
into
>/usr/lib), but this too has the same problem.
>
>Looking at the output when compiling, I noted the following:
>
>dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol
>_ZN17ScribusMainWindow12removeRecentE7QString used by
>debian/scribus/usr/lib/scribus/plugins/libsaveastemplateplugin.so
found
>in none of the libraries.
>dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _ZN11ScribusView12PageToPixmapEiib
>used by
debian/scribus/usr/lib/scribus/plugins/libsaveastemplateplugin.
>so found in none of the libraries.
>dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol
>_ZN9PrefsFile16getPluginContextERK7QStringb used by
>debian/scribus/usr/lib/scribus/plugins/libsaveastemplateplugin.so
found
>in none of the libraries.
>dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol ScMW used by
>debian/scribus/usr/lib/scribus/plugins/libsaveastemplateplugin.so
found
>in none of the libraries.
>dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _ZTI14ScActionPlugin used by
>debian/scribus/usr/lib/scribus/plugins/libsaveastemplateplugin.so
found
>in none of the libraries.
>dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol
_ZN9PrefsFile10getContextERK7QStringb
>used by
debian/scribus/usr/lib/scribus/plugins/libsaveastemplateplugin.
>so found in none of the libraries.
>dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _ZN14ScActionPlugin7qt_castEPKc used
>by debian/scribus/usr/lib/scribus/plugins/libsaveastemplateplugin.so
>found in none of the libraries.
>dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol
>_ZN17ScribusMainWindow14getGuiLanguageEv used by
>debian/scribus/usr/lib/scribus/plugins/libsaveastemplateplugin.so
found
>in none of the libraries.
>dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _ZN12PrefsContext3setERK7QStringb
used
>by debian/scribus/usr/lib/scribus/plugins/libsaveastemplateplugin.so
>found in none of the libraries.
>dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _ZTI8ScPlugin used by
>debian/scribus/usr/lib/scribus/plugins/libsaveastemplateplugin.so
found
>in none of the libraries.
>dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: 19 other similar warnings have been skipped
>(use -v to see them all).
>
>There is obviously a problem with the libsaveastemplateplugin, which
>explains the problem when saving files.
>
>This problem might be debian-amd64 related, as Scribus-1.3.3.11 is
>running fine on debian-testing-i386 (the standard package).
>
>We tried to rebuild 1.3.3.10svn20071109, and even 1.3.3.9svn (which
we
>did build earlier), which all worked fine before - the same problem
>(which probably means it is a Debian problem). We had a similar
problem
>before, but then it got solved by not using the provided package,
but
>building from source package (that was with 1.3.3.9).
>
>apt-get build-dep scribus does not report anything missing, and does
>not install anything (obviously)...
>
>Any advice to which debian package we might need to downgrade? We
need
>to get it working again.

On 25 January, we upgraded the following debian packages:
cupsys_1.3.5-1+b1_amd64.deb
cupsys-bsd_1.3.5-1+b1_amd64.deb
cupsys-client_1.3.5-1+b1_amd64.deb
libcupsimage2_1.3.5-1+b1_amd64.deb
libcupsys2_1.3.5-1+b1_amd64.deb
libcupsys2-dev_1.3.5-1+b1_amd64.deb
libcurl3_7.17.1-1+b1_amd64.deb
libcurl3-gnutls_7.17.1-1+b1_amd64.deb
dirmngr_1.0.1-2+b1_amd64.deb
gnupg_1.4.6-2+b1_amd64.deb
gpgv_1.4.6-2+b1_amd64.deb
libnfsidmap2_0.20-0+b1_amd64.deb
libtunepimp5_0.5.3-6+b1_amd64.deb
libsmbclient_3.0.28-2+b1_amd64.deb
samba-common_3.0.28-2+b1_amd64.deb
smbfs_3.0.28-2+b1_amd64.deb
sudo_1.6.9p11-1+b1_amd64.deb
gconf2_2.20.1-2+b1_amd64.deb
libgconf2-4_2.20.1-2+b1_amd64.deb
libgconf2-dev_2.20.1-2+b1_amd64.deb

Can any of these have caused the problems?

>Thanks,
>Andreas
>

>--
>Andreas Speck