[Scribus] Scribus-1.3.3.11 on Debian-amd64 segfaults when saving file

andreas.speck at tiscali.co.uk andreas.speck
Wed Jan 30 11:11:36 CET 2008

Hi all,
   since yesterday, we ran into trouble with Scribus on debian-testing
on amd64.

We had the amd-64 package (1.3.3.10svn20071109) from the repositories
installed, but that started to segfault (crash due to signal-11) when
trying to save a file.

We tried to build 1.3.3.11 from the source package (and fixed the
issue that it tries to put files in /usr/lib64 which would belong into
/usr/lib), but this too has the same problem.

Looking at the output when compiling, I noted the following:

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol
_ZN17ScribusMainWindow12removeRecentE7QString used by
debian/scribus/usr/lib/scribus/plugins/libsaveastemplateplugin.so found
in none of the libraries.
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _ZN11ScribusView12PageToPixmapEiib
used by debian/scribus/usr/lib/scribus/plugins/libsaveastemplateplugin.
so found in none of the libraries.
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol
_ZN9PrefsFile16getPluginContextERK7QStringb used by
debian/scribus/usr/lib/scribus/plugins/libsaveastemplateplugin.so found
in none of the libraries.
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol ScMW used by
debian/scribus/usr/lib/scribus/plugins/libsaveastemplateplugin.so found
in none of the libraries.
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _ZTI14ScActionPlugin used by
debian/scribus/usr/lib/scribus/plugins/libsaveastemplateplugin.so found
in none of the libraries.
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _ZN9PrefsFile10getContextERK7QStringb
used by debian/scribus/usr/lib/scribus/plugins/libsaveastemplateplugin.
so found in none of the libraries.
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _ZN14ScActionPlugin7qt_castEPKc used
by debian/scribus/usr/lib/scribus/plugins/libsaveastemplateplugin.so
found in none of the libraries.
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol
_ZN17ScribusMainWindow14getGuiLanguageEv used by
debian/scribus/usr/lib/scribus/plugins/libsaveastemplateplugin.so found
in none of the libraries.
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _ZN12PrefsContext3setERK7QStringb used
by debian/scribus/usr/lib/scribus/plugins/libsaveastemplateplugin.so
found in none of the libraries.
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _ZTI8ScPlugin used by
debian/scribus/usr/lib/scribus/plugins/libsaveastemplateplugin.so found
in none of the libraries.
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: 19 other similar warnings have been skipped
(use -v to see them all).

There is obviously a problem with the libsaveastemplateplugin, which
explains the problem when saving files.

This problem might be debian-amd64 related, as Scribus-1.3.3.11 is
running fine on debian-testing-i386 (the standard package).

We tried to rebuild 1.3.3.10svn20071109, and even 1.3.3.9svn (which we
did build earlier), which all worked fine before - the same problem
(which probably means it is a Debian problem). We had a similar problem
before, but then it got solved by not using the provided package, but
building from source package (that was with 1.3.3.9).

apt-get build-dep scribus does not report anything missing, and does
not install anything (obviously)...

Any advice to which debian package we might need to downgrade? We need
to get it working again.

Thanks,
Andreas

--