[Scribus] Using .pdf images (Philipp Klaus Krause)

Michael Higgins linux
Fri Jan 25 17:14:46 CET 2008

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 09:23:09 -0600
Phil Mendelsohn <phil at rephil.org> wrote:

> > How does use of .pdf in image frames work in Scribus? Is some
> > external program / library used?
> >
> > I can no longer use the attached .pdf file (the frame just shows the
> > crossed red lines).
> >
> > I worked some time ago.
> >
> > I use Scribus 1.3.4 from the scribus-ng Debian package.
>
> I ran into some trouble with this on the same package, also Debian.
>
> Some .pdf would load, but others would not.
[8<]

For other applications (don't do much with scribus lately), I've had
some luck fixing PDFs using ghostscript tools... maybe you need to try
that?

FEX:
pdftops Your\ Broken\ Doco\ Made\ With\ MS\ Word.pdf new_doco.ps

then:

ps2pdf12 new_doco.ps

HTH,

Cheers,