[Scribus] Proposal for a new versioning scheme (Was: Many Versions = 2)

John Beardmore John
Sat Jan 12 14:30:30 CET 2008

Torn?ci L?szl? wrote:

> I agree to this. We see more and more users trying scribus the first
> time (which is nice), but a considerable percentage of the new users are
> mixed up by the current versioning scheme. This issue comes up over and
> over on this list. It doesn't matter how many times it gets explained on
> this list, many new users will be baffled. Changing the scheme will
> upset lots of things (e.g. the roadmap), but it is worthwhile IMHO.
> Versioning should help the users instead of confusing them.

I don't know that things are so bad.  When I cam to get Scribus the
first time, 1.3.3.9 was clearly marked as the newest stable release, so
liking stability, that was the one I got.

Cheers, J/.
Carbon Trust Consultant: Energy Audit, Carbon Footprint, Design Advice
Energy Efficiency Accreditation Scheme Registered Assessor
P:0845 4561332  F:0870 0522417  M:07785 563116  Skype:t4sustainability