[Scribus] Did you forget to include locales?

Axel Bojer axelb
Fri Jan 11 12:32:21 CET 2008

Craig Ringer wrote:
> Axel Bojer wrote:
>
>> * I suppose I will have to build again to make this work, because the
>> only place I find this file is in the build directory. But perhaps:
>> * Can this be corrected manually, f.i. by just changing one line manually?
>
> It is possible to install the .qm files by hand to the correct location.
>   If I'm not mistaken you can just copy scribus/qm/*.qm in the build
> directory to share/scribus/translations in the install directory. For
> example, if you compiled in $HOME/build/scribus-133x and installed to
> /usr/local :
>
> sudo cp $HOME/build/scribus-133x/scribus/qm/*.qm \
>      /usr/local/share/scribus/translations

Ah, the second try did it! On my first try I forgot to make the second
directory by hand, I only made the first, now it finally works, thanks :-)

>> * diff /root/scribus-1.3.3.10/scribus/qm/Makefile.am
>> /root/scribus-1.3.3.10/scribus-1.3.3.10/scribus/qm/Makefile.am
>> gives that they are identical. Do you mean both, then?
>
> Those files tell the build tools how to compile files and where to
> install them. The problem is that the new version of Scribus looks
> somewhere different for translations, but the install scripts are still
> putting them in the old location.
>
> This probably happened because almost nobody who regularly builds the
> software uses "configure" - they all use CMake, and the CMake files have
> been updated to install the translations in the new location.

I see, so after install those are pretty much obsolete, since it works now.

>> * Do this affect also those who has build with ./configure and make?
>
> If I understand the situation correctly it affects only those who build
> with configure and make.

Ok, that explains it :-)
Perhaps the INSTALL-file could give us a hint about that?
Do you have some link/short explanation for the use of cmake? I hope it
is just as easy as ./configure :-) -- for the next release, that is :-P

Best regards
Axel Bojer