[Scribus] Did you forget to include locales?

Rolf-Werner Eilert eilert-sprachen
Fri Jan 11 10:09:20 CET 2008

avox schrieb:

> Rolf-Werner Eilert wrote:
>> Morning folks,
>>
>> Just downloaded and compiled 1.3.3.10 and found it only runs in English
>> locale. The first time I called the Preferences dialogue, German was
>> still mentioned and checked, the second time German was gone and English
>> was the only locale offered.
>>
>> Anyone else here who had this?
>>

> Strange, you are the second one who complains about that.
>
> In 1.3.3.10 the install location of the translations changed from
> lib/scribus to
> share/scribus/translations. Manually moving all *.qm files to that place
> should
> enable all locales again.
>
> What distro are you using? Do you build with CMake or configure? I'm pretty
> sure the CMake build installs the qm files at the right location.

I'm using an older Suse 9.1 and installed with configure.

There is a /usr/lib/scribus but there is no /usr/share/scribus
directory. So I made one and a subdirectory translations and copied all
the qm-files from /usr/lib/scribus to there, but still no German, only
English.

Do you have any more ideas?

Rolf