[Scribus] Many Versions = 2

Louis Desjardins louis_desjardins
Tue Jan 8 14:38:28 CET 2008

Craig Bradney a ?crit :

Hi,

The following wiki page says it's "outdated and needs an update".

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Installing_Scribus_from_CVS_sources_on_Mac_OS_X

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Installing_Scribus_on_Mac_Intel brings
1.3.3.4 which is way behind now.

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Installing_Scribus_on_Mac_with_MacPorts
is way out of the reach of any basic Mac user imo.

While I acknowledge we must have this info available for the people who
feel at home with building software, some don't feel that comfortable
although they are willing to try. I wonder then whether these
instructions could be made slightly more "mere mortals" readable (will
all respects due to the original author!!! :) ). Mac users are mere
mortals (usually) and although full of good will, can fall on their
knees at one step or the other. Plus, the X11 won't appeal to many.

The best thing that could happen with regards to installing Scribus on a
Mac is .dmg packages that any Mac user could simply download, mount and
install (drag/copy to the Application folder or double-click on the
Installer). Even if Scribus needs a few of those .dmg packages (such as
NeoOffice, which, for each processor (PowerPC and Intel) has
"application" "current patch" and "localization"), it would be really
dead easy to install.

What would it take in terms of time and equipment to accomplish this?
Maybe we could help too!

Many thanks to the whole Scribus team and to all reading and posting to
this list. Happy new year!

Louis