[Scribus] Document paths

Axel Bojer axelb
Tue Jan 8 12:21:29 CET 2008

Peter Nermander wrote:
>> <snip>
>>  From my perspective it would be best if scribus were able to remember
>> different save paths per project and use the standard save path.
>> </snip>
>
>> <File><Preferences><Paths><Documents> <Change>
>
> If I don't mix threads up here the question was the PDF export path versus
> the document path.
>
> If I first work on a project in ~/documents/foo, and export that to a PDF
> in ~/documents/foo.
>
> Then I open a project in ~/documents/bar, when I am to export that to a
> PDF the export dialog suggests ~/documents/foo. That's not really what
> people want, unless they always export all projects into the same folder.
> Most people would probably accept that the suggested path is
> ~/documents/bar, but even better would be if the suggested path was the
> one used when exporting the project the last time.

For *my* use I think the best would be to always suggest saving pdf or
exported images etc. in the same folder as the scribus-document I am
exporting from. If I sometimes should want something else, then I would
navigate somewhere else, but more often than not this would be the right
place :-)

Best regards
Axel Bojer