[Scribus] Many Versions = 2

Hedley Finger hfinger
Fri Jan 4 04:04:59 CET 2008

Christoph:

At Tuesday, 1/01/2008, 09:47 AM;, you wrote:
>no one's working on 4 versions of Scribus. 1.3.3.x is the stable series and
>will receive bugfixes until a new stable version is out. 1.3.4 is available,
>but work continues in the 1.3.5 development tree.

I know that various OS projects use different versioning conventions,
e.g. odd numbers are stable releases and even numbers are development
releases.  The above quote is a little mind-boggling. V. 1.3.39 is
being bug-fixed (=patched, maintained) and is the stable release.  V.
1.3.5 is being developed.  So what is the status of 1.3.4?  A
dead-end branch, stable, a big mistake, a dev version or what?  I
think this question is what lies behind the remark "Too many releases".

Thanks,
Hedley

--
Hedley Stewart Finger
28 Regent Street   Camberwell VIC 3124   Australia