[Scribus] Scripter API

avox avox
Wed Jan 2 07:07:08 CET 2008

Hi Henning, great news!

Henning Schr?der wrote:

> To give all a small update. I worked little bit on ScripterNG:
>  * building is easier now because I split up the plugin
>  * before building the plugin you now have to build a generic Python
> extension for PyQt embedding called epyqt

Any details on that?

>  * Javascript (QtScript) is now supported and can also call the C++ API
>  * as an interim solution the Javascript code can also call the
> functions of the old scriptplugin (at least some of them - the rest
> will follow soon)

I'm not sure that's worth the effford. While we will probably need a legacy
mode for Python scripts, I'd hate to see new Javascripts using the old API.

>  * the plugin now contains a scripting console for Python and
> Javascript, so testing becomes easier
> * to show how easy exporting functions to ScripterNG is, I added an
> example for preferences
>   * to implement a preferences API I created api_prefs.{cpp,h} and
> added them to CMakeLists
>   * the functions are public slots of an object called PreferencesAPI
> where I set the objectName to Preferences and made it a child of the
> application object.

So ScripterNG only exports public slots and hides protected and private
ones?
That's good. Qt properties are always public IIRC?

The only problem will be template classes since QOBJECT doesnt support
those.

/Andreas