[Scribus] 1.3.3.9 - 1.3.3.10 / 1.3.4

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Wed Jan 2 03:02:39 CET 2008

Am Montag, 31. Dezember 2007 19:21:29 schrieb Richard:
> Thanks a lot Greg, but... beeing a Windows user... can i make any
> translation?, i have found instructions only for Linux, and, also, about
> 1.3.5svn is there anything for windows?.     ....  Should i search better?
> Thanks again.
>
> El 31/12/2007 11:37 a.m., Gregory Pittman escribi?:
> > Richard wrote:
> >> I have just downloaded and installed 1.3.3.10 and 1.3.4, last one
> >> because i have read there are big improvements.
> >>
> >> What should i expect from 1.3.4?, should i download 1.3.5?
> >> I?m using scribus for the last 3 or 4 months and i'm more than
> >> satisfied (except for some hangs wich i think could be me going too
> >> fast), but i want to squeeze it's features as much as possible, i have
> >> found 1.3.4 is faster to load a document than 1.3.3.9 wich i was using
> >> till yesterday.... so i would like to know wich would be the best
> >> choice for the moment.
> >
> > For now, stick with 1.3.3.10svn.  If you want to experiment, and I
> > emphasize 'experiment', you are better off with 1.3.5svn, since the
> > broken things in 1.3.4 have only been fixed in 1.3.5svn. This having
> > been said, 1.3.5+ is using qt4 instead of qt3, so you will need to add
> > that before you can compile 1.3.5svn. And finally, as we have said many
> > times, 1.3.4+ can load a file saved with any older version. 1.3.3.10svn
> > or older cannot load a 1.3.4/1.3.5svn file.
> >
> >> Also, i'm a spanish speaker and i have found that all versions i have
> >> tested are not 100% translated so how could i help on this?, is there
> >> any file on my scribus installation wich i can edit? or should i
> >> suscribe to something?
> >
> > muchas gracias.
> > http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&page=translation_howto
> >
> > you might also use IRC for some quick feedback if you have questions:
> > http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&page=irc
> >
> > atentatmente,

Hola Richard,

of course you can translate 1.3.5svn on Windows. All you have to do is
downloading and installing Qt4 for Windows:
http://trolltech.com/developer/downloads/qt/windows.

Qt Linguist is one of the programs available for you after installation. It's
not even close to KBabel on Linux/KDE, but you can work with it. Note that
you can't release *.qm files (the binary version of your translations) for
Scribus 1.3.3.x and 1.3.4. If you want to update the ts files for 1.3.3.x,
you have to save your file in *.ts format and let someone else do the
conversion.

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask. I've been wondering
for some time why the Spanish translation is lagging behind, so your
contributions will be more than welcome :)

Cordialmente

Christoph