[Scribus] Scribus and syntax highlight

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Fri Feb 29 14:31:56 CET 2008

? wrote:
> Hi. I have been using scribus for some time now, doing basic stuff
> like small ads and  pdf  presentations. But recently I was asked to
> compile a small book about c++ (explaining the code, while.. do..
> for.. if.. incrementation... and so on). So i would like to know if
> there's any way to add a code (c++ and others) syntax highlighting to
> scribus. I found some implementations on python but I lack the
> knownledge to adapt or use those projects into a scribus plugin. I
> tried the simpliest solution i could think, convert all cpp to html
> and then get text into box but it doesn't keep the colours.
> Thank you for your help.
> Bruno
I think you ought to seriously think about whether you want to do this.
If your end product will be online it's not such an issue, but if
printed commercially, you've turned a text into a color ink process,
with its added expense and hassles. Or, if someone prints the PDF on
their own using a grayscale printer, what happens to legibility?

Greg