[Scribus] How to make ``photo book'' easily? + some

Richard eyelagui
Thu Feb 28 18:44:49 CET 2008

I think, as in numbering pages, when you put ## for page number, there
could be some way to put photo##.jpg or anything alike, so every page
get a number for the photo-name and just put one photo then all the rest
can get loaded automatically.
Also there could be some king of linking between photo frames like in
text frames so when applying a change to the first one you are not
applying it to a photo but the big linked picture frame/s.

Is this undestandable?

When i need to make picture frames all with the same specs. and
position, (and so) i just copy and paste to the next page (for same
position), frame properties are copied too, so i just need to replace
the picture inside. Well, if there could be some sort of property to
make an automatic numbering on picture name, the task to replace the
picture could get automated and i just would need to copy/paste frames
from one page to another and make pictures with numbered names.
Sample:

Part#1 - Part#2 . extension

P01 - 01 . jpg

P01-01.jpg
P01-02.jpg
P01-03.jpg

P02-01.jpg
P02-02.jpg

P03-01.jpg

P04-01.jpg

Part#1 on the name could be get from page number, and part#2 could be
automatically numbered with some sort of counter.

This could really save so much time to people making repeated task jobs.
I'm making a catalog with this kind of picture naming, but putting it
one by one on hand. (maybe this can be done already with scripting?)

Thanks to scribus team for making such a good product, thanks for the
time to read this and hope this could be a good idea for you too.