[Scribus] newline issue in pdf fields

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj
Wed Feb 27 11:39:01 CET 2008

Hi,

being a happy camper with scribus since quite some time, I've created some
PDF forms with Scribus 1.3.3.4, containing some pdf fields side by side,
preallocated with some centered text containing newlines. Users edit this
text and print the form.

After upgrading to 1.3.3.11, the newlines are replaced with '\\r' in the pdf
export, rendering the forms unusable. Examples attached. I intentionally
excluded the embedding of the font in order to reduce the pdf size
significantly...

While at it, is there a way to control the vertical line size of such text
fields?

Thanks for this master piece,
Pete