[Scribus] How to make ``photo book'' easily? + some "bug-reports"

Lev A. Serebryakov lev
Wed Feb 27 10:38:29 CET 2008

   I want to make-up book with picture on every page. All pictures are
same sizzle & position.
   I've tried to add "image frame" on master page, and link it with
different image files on every book paged, but it didn't work. I can not
have different content on different page :(
   Now I added frame to scrap book and copy it on every page, but it is
ugly solution: it will be hard to change frame or position of every
image in once, if I need to :(
   Even worse, here are TWO formats, really: landscape & portrait. It
can be solved with two master pages, if master page works. But it doesn't.
   Is here any good solution for this problem?

   Other encountered problems are:

  (1) When I have guides on page & "snap to guides" is turned on, first
click in guide, when create frame, ALWAYS is displaced right-top from
guide for ~2-3pt. Even if I have HUGE magnification and click EXACTLY in
guide. After that I need to drag frame to snap it in place, and as here
"proportional resize" is turned on by default, it is not easy task
(second corned should be snapped too, of course).

  (2) Properties dialog (F2 button) is too small (have many scrollers)
and can not be resized at all.

   I use 1.3.3.11 on WinXP

--
// Lev Serebryakov