[Scribus] making a booklet a5 to a4

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Tue Feb 26 14:56:47 CET 2008

On Monday 25 February 2008 13:18:12 Gregory Pittman wrote:
>/ pererik ekeberg wrote:
/>/ > Hi, I'm working on some brochures for members in a local
/>/ > association........putting 4 A4 landscape together......folding in
/>/ > middle to A5..........have been doing it in MSWord but like to use the
/>/ > direct eps and pdf connection in Scribus.....How do I mount 16 A5 to 4
/>/ > A4 and getting the ritght pagenumbers?????
/>/
/>/ http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/How_can_I_make_a_booklet_using_Scribus%3F
/>/
/>/ http://documentation.scribus.net/index.php/Booklet_Printing
/
Thanks for that too. Just one thing, the example in
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/How_to_make_a_booklet shows how to make a
booklet from multiple A4 sheets, but what do I have to change if the pages
are already in A5 format?

As the wiki article says, read the man page...

For putting 2 a5s onto a4s, you should be able to use the command (modifying the example):

psnup -2 -pa5 -Pa4 fileA.ps fileB.ps

which shows the alternative way of indicating page sizes -- -p for input size, -P for output size.

I haven't tried this, so let me know if it doesn't work.

Greg