[Scribus] Big Complains about scribus 1 x Win + 1 x Win+Lin

Oleksandr Moskalenko malex
Sat Feb 23 00:01:10 CET 2008

* Gustavo Homem <gustavo at angulosolido.pt> [2008-02-20 11:57:39 +0000]:

> On Tuesday 19 February 2008 07:39, Thomas Zastrow wrote:
> > Richard schrieb:
> > > El 18/02/2008 08:52 p.m., Craig Ringer escribi?:> Since you're using
> > > Ubuntu I assume you are using GNOME ? Which version?> Where did you get
> > > Scribus - from an Ubuntu package, from the Scribus > repositories, or
> > > compiled yourself?> Do you use the normal GNOME file browser Nautilus?>
> > > I'm sorry craig, i'm using Kubuntu 7.10, so KDE, and installed Scribus
> > > from the Kubuntu repository directly with apt, no lines added to
> > > sources.list.I'm using Konqueror as file browser. Thanks for your time.
> > > _______________________________________________Scribus mailing
> > > listScribus at nashi.altmuehlnet.dehttp://nashi.altmuehlnet.de/mailman/listi
> > >nfo/scribus
> >
> > I have the same issue on OpenSuse 10.3 with KDE: I think, this is a KDE
> > problem, not a Scribus problem.
>
> This not a KDE problem, an Ubuntu problem or a Scribus problem. It's a
> packaging problem. The Scribus package should include the SLA mimetype
> information so that KDE can distinguish between a sla file and a text file.

Actually, it could be called a "KDE problem that can be remedied by a
packaging workaround". KDE 3.x doesn't seem to support the Freedesktop shared
mime database that Gnome supports, so placing a modified .desktop file into
/usr/share/mimelnk/application must be done.

> If you open this mandriva package:
>
> http://people.angulosolido.pt/~gustavo/scribus/scribus-rpm/mdv2006/1.3.3.8/RPMS/scribus-1.3.3.8-1.i586.rpm
>
> with
>
> rpm2cpio scribus-1.3.3.8-1.i586.rpm | cpio -idv
>
> you will see in the extracted content that theres info on usr/share/mime and
> usr/share/mimelnk.
>

> Cheers
> Gustavo

Thanks for the hint.