[Scribus] Big Complains about scribus 1 x Win + 1 x Win+Lin

Gustavo Homem gustavo
Wed Feb 20 12:57:39 CET 2008

On Tuesday 19 February 2008 07:39, Thomas Zastrow wrote:
> Richard schrieb:
> > El 18/02/2008 08:52 p.m., Craig Ringer escribi?:> Since you're using
> > Ubuntu I assume you are using GNOME ? Which version?> Where did you get
> > Scribus - from an Ubuntu package, from the Scribus > repositories, or
> > compiled yourself?> Do you use the normal GNOME file browser Nautilus?>
> > I'm sorry craig, i'm using Kubuntu 7.10, so KDE, and installed Scribus
> > from the Kubuntu repository directly with apt, no lines added to
> > sources.list.I'm using Konqueror as file browser. Thanks for your time.
> > _______________________________________________Scribus mailing
> > listScribus at nashi.altmuehlnet.dehttp://nashi.altmuehlnet.de/mailman/listi
> >nfo/scribus
>
> I have the same issue on OpenSuse 10.3 with KDE: I think, this is a KDE
> problem, not a Scribus problem.

This not a KDE problem, an Ubuntu problem or a Scribus problem. It's a
packaging problem. The Scribus package should include the SLA mimetype
information so that KDE can distinguish between a sla file and a text file.

If you open this mandriva package:

http://people.angulosolido.pt/~gustavo/scribus/scribus-rpm/mdv2006/1.3.3.8/RPMS/scribus-1.3.3.8-1.i586.rpm

with

rpm2cpio scribus-1.3.3.8-1.i586.rpm | cpio -idv

you will see in the extracted content that theres info on usr/share/mime and
usr/share/mimelnk.

Cheers
Gustavo

--
Angulo S?lido - Tecnologias de Informa??o
http://angulosolido.pt