[Scribus] 1.3.5svn compile error on Ubuntu Gutsy

Oleksandr Moskalenko malex
Sun Feb 17 01:08:55 CET 2008

* John B <johnb316 at gmail.com> [2008-02-16 12:58:48 -0500]:

> That would make sense if all Linux distributions, BSD releases, and
> Mac OS X all separated development headers from executables. As I
> mentioned in response to another thread on this list, Slackware and
> Slackware-based Linux distributions include development headers in
> packages automatically. Maybe the RPM-based and Debian-based Linux
> distributions can take a hint from Slackware and include the
> development headers automatically instead of putting executables and
> development headers into separate packages.

John,

Maybe it makes sense for distributions to separate development headers in
order to save space and bandwidth for those users who have more limited
resources then you are likely used to. In any case the only thing the original
reporter had to do to find out what he'd need for 1.3.5 compilation would be
to look at my source package scribus-svn available in the Scribus Archive (our
upstream repositories). It would've taken him all of 2 minutes and he'd be on
his way.

Regards,

Alex.