[Scribus] Use question: multiple versions

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Fri Feb 15 04:16:11 CET 2008

Phil Mendelsohn wrote:
> Hi - I believe that I am so busy getting a newsletter I edit out that I
> am not spending the time to learn the tool (Scribus) properly.  Can
> anyone suggest the easy way to do the following tasK, semi-automagically?
>
> I make a newsletter that is usually 20 or 24 pages, 8.5 x 11, but
> printed on 11 x 17, saddle stitched (stapled) and folded.  It is also
> released in .pdf format.
>
> Currently, I do the master by laying out the single sheet format, which
> can be printed to .pdf for the electronic version.  Then I create a
> Ledger size document, and copy the laid-out pages in the appropriate
> order to make the printing master.
>
> 1:  I know how to do master pages for page numbers in the single sheet
> version.  Is it possible to do them in the large version?  The page
> numbers follow a different sequence when laid out for printing.  (The
> first sheet would have 20, 1, 2, 19, then the second would have 18, 2,
> 3, 17, etc...)
>
> 2:  Is there an easier way to arrange the pages than either copying the
> individual pages from one document to another, or (ick!) printing .pdf's
> and importing them?

You might check this out:

http://documentation.scribus.net/index.php/Booklet_Printing

which goes about the process of doing this from within Scribus, and as a
bonus at the bottom, there is a script which can be used as an aid to
get this sequence right and easily so every time.

Greg