[Scribus] 1.3.3.11 for Gutsy??

Oleksandr Moskalenko malex
Thu Feb 14 19:49:46 CET 2008

* Kevin Cole <dc.loco at gmail.com> [2008-02-13 19:40:57 -0500]:

> On Feb 13, 2008 3:24 PM, Oleksandr Moskalenko <malex at scribus.info> wrote:
>
> > I am using "non-free" instead of the ubuntu's "restricted" designation in the
> > Scribus Archive to make my packaging work easier as I do many package builds
> > and changing non-free to restricted in the package's control file makes for an
> > extra few steps in the process. The label itself is an arbitrary convention
> > anyway.
>
> If I understood the question, I thnk the question was really more "Why
> non-free or restricted?" http://www.scribus.net/ says "Scribus is Free
> and Open Source Software Licensed under the GPL" which would mean that
> it doesn't belong in either of the less open groups.  (Or did I
> misunderstand something?)

I see. Well, some parts of scribus and related software that find its way into
our archive are not free enough to be distributed in the "main" Debian
archive, which is why they get put into non-free section. For example,
documentation and ICC profiles are not DFSG (Debian Free Software Guidelines)
free because of their licensing.

Regards,

Alex.