[Scribus] Minor GUI concerns

Louis Desjardins louis_desjardins
Thu Feb 14 14:48:50 CET 2008

Cedric Sagne a ?crit :
> Hi
>
> I was reading about hanging punctuation (see the link), which is just
> one refinement similar to capital caps.
> A workaround is available by defining a paragraph style with an
> indentation for the main text but not for the first line.
> Is there a wider voice for something more automated?
>
> http://desktoppub.about.com/od/typelayout/ss/hangingquotes.htm
>
> Also, on the GUI side, I would really save time with a shortcut from the
> properties palette to edit colours and text styles. Are there more
> people around who agree with me?

Absolutely. I have proposed to have a "create style" button (to which
you could also set a keyboard shortcut) right in the texdt tab of the
Properties palette. A similar button in the Color tab could bring up the
Edit Color dialog. The idea could be extended to other dialogs, keeping
in mind that a tool is readily available when and where there are most
chances that you need it. What we want to avoid are round trips
involving too many mouse movements (hand-eye coordination when not
necessary takes down productivity).

Louis