[Scribus] Version mixup on Ubuntu

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Wed Feb 13 14:43:44 CET 2008

Michal Blazejczyk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using the latest Ubuntu, and I'm getting Scribus
> from the following repository:
> http://debian.scribus.net/debian gutsy main non-free
> The problem is that I have two Scribus icons in the
> Applications menu:
>   - 1.3.3.10cvs, 07 August 2007, Build ID: C-C-T-F-A
>   - 1.3.4, 27 May 2007, Build ID: C-C-T-F-A
> This is most likely due to the fact that I have two
> Scribus packages installed: scribus and scribus-ng...
> My mistake  :-)
>
> Anyway...  Without realizing it, I've been using
> version 1.3.4 lately (and swearing at its instability).
>  From reading this mailing list I no wknow that this
> is an unstable version.  Question: is there any way
> I can salvage the document I created in 1.3.4 and
> migrate it back to 1.3.3.11?

You cannot import a 1.3.4 document into 1.3.3.x. What you can do is copy
as much as possible to the Scrapbook, then go to 1.3.3.10 and pull it in
from there -- the versions use the same Scrapbook and objects can be
imported this way.
> Another question: I would like to upgrade my "scribus"
> package to the latest version.  But when I open Synaptic,
> I don't see neither 1.3.3.10 or 1.3.3.11.  How do I then
> get the latest version(s) on Ubuntu?

See if this helps:
http://nashi.altmuehlnet.de/pipermail/scribus/2008-January/027370.html

Greg