[Scribus] Version mixup on Ubuntu

Michal Blazejczyk blazej
Wed Feb 13 05:03:00 CET 2008

Hi,

I'm using the latest Ubuntu, and I'm getting Scribus
from the following repository:
http://debian.scribus.net/debian gutsy main non-free
The problem is that I have two Scribus icons in the
Applications menu:
  - 1.3.3.10cvs, 07 August 2007, Build ID: C-C-T-F-A
  - 1.3.4, 27 May 2007, Build ID: C-C-T-F-A
This is most likely due to the fact that I have two
Scribus packages installed: scribus and scribus-ng...
My mistake  :-)

Anyway...  Without realizing it, I've been using
version 1.3.4 lately (and swearing at its instability).
 From reading this mailing list I no wknow that this
is an unstable version.  Question: is there any way
I can salvage the document I created in 1.3.4 and
migrate it back to 1.3.3.11?

Another question: I would like to upgrade my "scribus"
package to the latest version.  But when I open Synaptic,
I don't see neither 1.3.3.10 or 1.3.3.11.  How do I then
get the latest version(s) on Ubuntu?

Best,

Michal Blazejczyk