[Scribus] [Fwd: [Techtalk] openoffice and scribus]

John Beardmore John
Wed Feb 6 15:27:28 CET 2008

Chantal Rosmuller wrote:

> Still I would like to make one remark, if a program like Indesign has a
> certain feature, you can expect users to want that feature in an open source
> program like Scribus. I myself am a big fan of Scribus and open source but
> an average user who has worked with a closed source program with certain
> features will not be happy with an open source program with less features
> just because it is open source.

I suppose it depends if it has all the features you want or need, and
crashes less often.

For myself, Scribus 1.3.3.10 does what I need.  I look forward to new
features that may improve the ergonomics of use, but non essential
features matter a lot less to me than the fact that Scribus has fewer
severe unfixed bugs, and crashes a lot less than the InDesign 1.5 or
Pagemaker 6.52 releases that we have used in the past !

For us, Scribus 1.3.3.9 amounted to an upgrade !

Cheers, J/.
Carbon Trust Consultant: Energy Audit, Carbon Footprint, Design Advice
Energy Efficiency Accreditation Scheme Registered Assessor
P:0845 4561332  F:0870 0522417  M:07785 563116  Skype:t4sustainability