[Scribus] Layers -- global or local? [was "Re: Can't unlock objects in FreedomYug tutorial"]

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Mon Feb 4 00:06:46 CET 2008

Am Sonntag, 3. Februar 2008 23:41:48 schrieb Hedley Finger:
> At Saturday, 2/02/2008, 01:29 AM;, you wrote:
> > > I have been working my way through the FreedomYug tutorial on the
> > > Wiki.  I want to look at the colours used in the background of the
> > > "flame" logos of the "Guerilla Warfare for Gyaan" page but cannot
> > > select anything on the page.  Layers are not locked.
> >
> >The only trouble I had with this was when I eventually found out I
> >wasn't on the layer I thought I was. You can, of course, hide entire
> >layers to help show which objects you have access to.
>
> Are layers global or just confined to the individual page or spread
> where you created them?

Global.

> Are layers created automatically when you create a text frame,
> graphics frame, etc?

No. There's one "layer" called "Background" created when you create a new
document. Items have levels.

> I found the layers but when I selectively suppressed them in turn, I
> still couldn't select the items.

You can't "suppress" layer. You can make it (its content) invisible,
unprintable etc, but not "suppress" it.

> I am using 1.3.4 and the FreedomYug tutorial files seem to be from
> the 1.2 version.  Could this be
> a factor?

I don't think so. See above.

HTH