[Scribus] Usability needs attention -- time for a feature

Peter Nermander peter.nermander
Sun Feb 3 20:18:08 CET 2008

> I understand your point and thanks for considering this experience.
> It might be as you say however it might not be since i replaced
> with a 4 character wich is an existing black triangle looking character.

This sounds just as I was thinking you meant. You are thinking in the old
ways of "8 bit ascii code" and fonts with different symbols for the
different codes. Like you said, one font has a "4" for that character code
and another font has some other symbol. You can do like that in the old MS
Office programs.

But, if I understand right, with unicode fonts things don't really work like
that.

> So how do i get this black triangle if not selecting 4
> and changing its font ?

You should probably use the "Insert symbol" function (I'm not sure if that
is the correct name, I don't have Scribus in frotn of me).

/Peter